WORKING WEEKENDS continue this Saturday 22nd July. Your help is needed ! Can you spare a couple of hours on 22nd/23rd July OR 5th/6th August ? Click on this box for more details.17th July
- Calling all company members to spare a couple of hours !
Most of the year we are so busy working on one production after another (and then gratefully heading to the bar / coffee bar for refreshments afterwards) that we often neglect important repair and maintenance work around the theatre. Over the next month we are tackling some of these jobs both inside the building and outside. If you can spare half a day – or even just a couple of hours – please sign up either by responding to this email address email@example.com or by signing one of the lists on the wall of the theatre foyer (opposite the bar), and letting us know when you will be able to help.
Work was begun last weekend and much achieved. The back of the theatre has been largely cleared and the major overall and servicing of the stage lights is half complete. But we need more volunteers if we are to get all the work done.
The sessions are being held on:
- Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd July ( 9.00 a.m to 5.00p.m.)
- Sat 5th & Sun 6th August ( ditto )
During each weekend there will be particular areas of focus and we are looking for volunteers to support the team leaders so that their list of jobs can be accomplished. Anyone with specialist skills is invited to declare themselves, but mostly what we are looking for are volunteers who can spare a couple of hours.
- Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd July, 9.00 a.m. onwards
- Complete cleaning, servicing and PAT testing of stage lights.
- Clear the side alley and Car Park.
- Paint the cast & crew toilets / repair door.
- Props Store clear out: repair shed roof / fit vent in shed / return of props and furniture to sheds
- Bar / Foyer / Cloakroom / Toilets – cleaning / tidying of all FOH areas + attend to any repairs
- Dressing rooms – clean / tidy / repaint / lay new carpet
- Painting stage flats and floor (black) in readiness for next 3 shows
- Tidy and attend to storage in front office
- Providing refreshments for the labourers
- More details about the 3rd weekend to follow .
I look forward to seeing you soon,