Postponement of 'Pressure' and Tentative Plans for the Rest of the Season19th March
It is with great regret that I have to inform you that we have had to make the decision to postpone our planned production of Pressure by David Haig that was to run May 9th-16th. Given the large cast involved and the timing of the production at this point in the COVID-19 situation, it is just not feasible for us to consider being able to put the production on. Obviously, this is a massive disappointment to the director Bill Butler and to his cast and crew, as I am sure it is to all of you. Our intention is to bring this wonderful play to life on our stage in a future season as soon as we can. Anyone who had bought a ticket to this production should have already been contacted.
And so, to what the future holds around the season of productions. Currently, given that there is no downside to doing so while the theatre is closed, we have left the Lovesong set intact, and its cast and crew on medium term standby. So, if there is any possibility that we might be able to revive the production in the next 8-10 weeks, we might have this option. After that, we intend on continuing to move ahead with the rest of the 2020 season, starting with Midsummer in July and onwards after that. However, of course it is a very fast-moving and fast-changing situation and nothing is certain at the moment. We will constantly monitor and follow official advice and make necessary decisions accordingly. We will keep you fully updated on developments as they occur through emails and on the website.
Thank you for your support as always,
Many regards and all best wishes,